Mastering SaltStack 2nd Edition
Page Count378 Pages
About the e-Book
Mastering SaltStack 2nd Edition pdf
- Automate tasks effectively and take charge of your infrastructure
- Effectively scale Salt to manage thousands of machines and tackle everyday problems
- Explore Salt’s inner workings and advance your knowledge of it
SaltStack is a powerful configuration management and automation suite designed to manage servers and tens of thousands of nodes. This book showcases Salt as a very powerful automation framework. We will review the fundamental concepts to get you in the right frame of mind, and then explore Salt in much greater depth. You will explore Salt SSH as a powerful tool and take Salt Cloud to the next level. Next, you’ll master using Salt services with ease in your infrastructure. You will discover methods and strategies to scale your infrastructure properly. You will also learn how to use Salt as a powerful monitoring tool.
By the end of this book, you will have learned troubleshooting tips and best practices to make the entire process of using Salt pain-free and easy.
What you will learn
- Automate tasks effectively, so that your infrastructure can run itself
- Start building more complex concepts
- Master user-level internals
- Build scaling strategies
- Explore monitoring strategies
- Learn how to troubleshoot Salt and its subcomponents
- Explore best practices for Salt
About the Author
Starting as a support technician and progressing to being a web programmer, QA engineer, systems administrator, Linux instructor, and cloud engineer, Joseph Hall has touched just about every area of the modern technology world. He is currently a senior cloud and integrations engineer at SaltStack. Joseph enjoys working with some of the best minds in the business with his coworkers and SaltStack's partners. He is also the author of Extending SaltStack, Packt Publishing.
You can find him on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/techhat and on GitHub at http://github.com/techhat.
Table of Contents
- Essentials Revisited
- Diving into Salt Internals
- Managing States
- Exploring Salt SSH
- Managing Tasks Asynchronously
- Taking Advantage of Salt Information Systems
- Taking Salt Cloud to the Next Level
- Using Salt with REST
- Understanding the RAET and TCP Transports
- Strategies for Scaling
- Monitoring with Salt
- Exploring Best Practices
- Troubleshooting Problems
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Buildbox 2.x Game Development
Microsoft Office 365: Exchange Online Implementation and Migration